Monday, February 15, 2010

The first rule of Fight Club is.....

"People never truely listen - They just wait for their turn to speak" - Fight Club (1999)

Photobucket


Monday morning:

- Wake up
- Take the bus
- get to work
- serve some phone incompotant prick
- feel fustrated
- close up
- take the bus
- get home
- go to bed

Tuesday morning:

- Wake up
- Take the bus
- get to work
- serve some phone incompotant prick
- feel fustrated
- close up
- take the bus
- get home
- go to bed

Wednesday morning:

.......


My life continues day after day, week after week doing the same thing and meeting the same sorts of people.
I meet new people, that look different to the others, and say things different to the others....
... they ask me out to somewhere... the same, they talk about the same sorts of things
and inevitably
are exactly the same as the people I try to avoid...

Photobucket

And these alike people make my day-to-day activity become somehow over-done and mundane.

But this weekend....the weekend would be different...........

As I went to be late on a Thursday night (getting ready for the next day off) I set my alarm for 6:30am, the next morning.

Why?

Because the next day I would be getting up early to take "Photos" and "Business" with a new friend ...
....the next day, what was going to be the same old "let's meet up for coffee", soon became let's steal bamboo from the botantical gardens...

"We'll, this is rather exciting" I thought to myself.... it had been so long I had done something new, that wasn't just visiting a new club.

So, after his late arrival at GOMA, Andy, Reigner and Rossy roll up in their wagon to take me away to a magical forest of Chinese weed...
Florence (the name assigned to my new camera) snapped the boys as they used their muscle and testosterone to cut at the bamboo and lift it onto the top of the wagon.

After a very tough half hour of constant shots we packed up and had a quiet coffee in Heighgate hill.
The boys showed my their house and the shed where Andy creates the magic for the growingly popular fashion label, Dexter Rose.
We spent hours and hours playing guitar, making crepes, chatting and ironing - and although the scene seemed simple - they were all a really different bunch of boys.
The boys were all very friendly and interested into what I had to say (as bizzare as that may be) they were caring and were a lot more interesting conversation than most guys these days.....
it appears as though I had stumbled across the Lost city of Modern Gentlemen.

(BUM BUM BUMMMMMM)

- Now by sharing this fact the existence of this city may indeed be jepodised by the boys becoming big headed, from this fact....but inevitably it is true!
After a couple of the boys fell asleep from exhustion and Andy, slaving away in his art studio, I thought the best way to help out would indeed be to cook them dinner....
So, to most people's dismay, I got my domestic right on and cooked up a storm of Bacon Risotto.
I helped Andy Iron and label and then passed out at 2:30am.

The next day was something that had been greatly anticipated. The Cheap Thrills Festival in West End.

Photobucket

Andy had asked me to take photos of the label and the festival on Saturday 13th so I got Florence out of bed the very next day and we started our MASSIVE day snapping the shirtless, skirtless, senseless youth that invaded down town West End.

Photobucket

After it all the boys bought me drinks and we celebrated with an exciting night out.

Finally1 An entire weekend of doing something completely new and completely spontanious
!


Maybe people are getting less boring than I realised....

AND THEN! last night I got on the wrong bus to Red Hill and a kind lady walked me all the way down to the bus stop I was meant to be at and then the bus driver gave me a free ride and took me exactly where I need to be.

So what have I learnt over the last week then?

Perhaps, there are still people out there, like myself. That will help out someone in need. That enjoy doing new exciting things. That still understand the value in buying someone a cup of coffee. And people that honnestly enjoy just hanging out with new people.

Photobucket

All in all - a very satisfactory weekend haha!
Thanks fellas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment